Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched from POTS to Primus' TBB - the call quality is great but there are odd times when, during a conversation, there is dead air - this lasts, generally, no more than a few seconds, but is a nuisance.

Primus shipped me a 2102 and I wonder if I could upgrade to a 2103? I also have a cisco e2000 - I had the SPA2102 behind the e2000 and I just changed that around (though a speed test showed me from going from 11Mbps to 7.. quite a drop - I haven't gone on the xbox yet to see how bad it is affected, but chances are that I won't keep it this way)

Again - can I switch to the 2103? Would the 2103 make a difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
877 Posts
It is entirely possible (and in fact likely) that your problem is caused by your router. Leave the SPA-2102 connected directly to your modem for a few days and see if the problem persists. If it is fixed, there are some things we can try to get your speed close to normal, but for now if you can deal with a few Mb/sec less than usual, this is an easy test.

I'm not familiar with the 2103. Do you mean a SPA-3102? If so this will not make a difference. If my assumption is wrong, I would be interested in knowing more about the 2103. The SPA-2102 is an excellent ATA and does not normally exhibit this issue.

Edited to add: start a ping test before a call. At a command prompt, type ping primus.ca -t and see if there are any packets lost around the time you have audio issues. This will tell us if other traffic is affected besides VoIP.

m.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Only hardware provided by Primus will work with their service. Unless the unit to which you hope to upgrade is available through Primus, you won't be able to use it. Sorry! :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts