Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rogers land line recently got switched over to Primus. I believe Primus bought all Rogers land lines. Now I've been unable to receive call since March 3,
My phone has not rang in 7 days.

Called Rogers, Rogers told me to call Primus, Primus told me to call Rogers, Rogers open a ticket, then March 7 they told me to call Primus,

March 7 Called Primus, Primus created a trouble ticket,
I've been calling twice a day, still no solution.

I can do outgoing calls but no incoming.

What do you recommend I do? This is very frustrating and costing me income.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
757 Posts
Maybe it's a number portability issue. Call them again and ask them to check to see if your number got ported over since the installation. Also, since you are a paying customer, they should hopefully credit you for the amount of time you've been out...?

At least you have dialtone, so the signal is not the issue.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Who are you paying the bill to? That's who you call.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hugh,
one can call whoever.. - but if the other party on the other end of the line doesn't or can't do anything.. - it doesn't help to calling them or both of them..

Those phone problems .. used to be very frequient with Primus in the past.... - no dial tone.. no incoming calls.. "problem at the facility".. "open tickets" etc

last year or two.. they seem to fix it however .. no real outages.. or i think just once..

It sucks when there is no phone in the house when you are paying for the service..
If someone is dying ... and you have to call 911 .. you simply CAN NOT (at the time of outages)...

Anyhow.. - keep on calling them (both).. that's all you can do..

another week for me.. or 10 days maybe.. - and i am gone from Primus.. (mentioned earlier about it)

will be - bye bye Primus :)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
What do you recommend I do?
Have you lawyer send them both a letter demanding either phone service or compensation for damages. Then find a reliable company to install a working service before calling them both to cancel and then filing a claim for damages. When I transferred our Bell phone to Teksavvy, there was no interruption of service, not even for one minute. The only hiccup was that Bell reset the DSL card to 3Mb/s, from 5Mb/s.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Darkman00, I have no idea what you are saying.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To me it sounds like its either a porting or routing issue. I am assuming they probably changed the port your plugged into at the co when they moved you from rogers to primus. If that's the case it could be that the number is not ported correctly, or that either the old route on rogers switch was not removed, or the new route on primus's switch was not added, especially since you can make outbound calls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jb_008 Isn't that just a software change, why is it taking so long? Is it only Telus that can fix it now since they own the hardware.

I've now called 13 times, I'm now calling Primus 3 times a day for status update. Day #8 and still no incoming calls.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It pretty much is, but it all depends who's side the issue is on... Its a matter of getting them to look in the right place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now 10 days and still no incoming calls. It does go to my voice mail, but can't access it using *98, I have to call my number from another line to get my voice mail.
I've had this number for 20 years so I don't won't to change it.
Maybe I can switch to new provider, but with my luck I would probably lose my voice mail and incoming calls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts