Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I bought a few weeks ago a 4228 HD for 100$+ Taxe at my local ottawa computer store and i was just browsing the store website and they sell the 91XG for 80$ +Taxe.

I was wondering why is the 4228 more expensive if the range is less then the 91XG ? there are so many antennas out there that im still wondering if i did the right thing with my purchase of the 4228

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Geez! :p I just touched on this very same issue in another thread. Be advised that the online price usually does not disclose the additional costs of shipping and handling. Online stores generally sell at near wholesale pricing, whereas they actually make their gravy with the shipping*handling fees.

As far as the XG91 being better,... it's a matter of what coverage you really need. If you want very directional coverage, then XG, if you want wider beamwidth coverage, the 4228, if you want even wider beamwidth coverage, then you should have gone with a 4bay 4221.

Again,...it's a matter of what coverage you really need for your location.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I paid $85.65 Cdn ,taxes and shipping included,online,for my 91XG from a Canadian distributor and a much better antenna than my 4228HD did from my location.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my goal is to get watertown pbs and fox 155 km away without getting a 12 foot long antenna lol. Ill try with the Channel master and if not ill try the 91xg.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The 4228 is considered a UHF antenna but it's popular since it also has meaningful gain in the VHF-HI channel range, something the XG-91 does not have. If you plan on picking up channels 7-13 with a single antenna, the 4228 would be a better pick. The 4228 is smaller so I think the requirements on the support structure are lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts