Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Last year I stood in line waiting for the midnight release of MW2. CoD Black Ops is due on November 9th. This year I would rather preorder and have the game delivered to my house.

My question is; will the game arrive early, arrive the day of release or be shipped on the day of release?

I've read on the 'net that some people who preorder receive their games 1-2 days early but most sites I visit offering preorders state that the game will only ship on the day of release...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I preorder lots of games from Amazon.ca, and I usually get them the following Monday after release, but I always pick the free shipping, and I live in Alberta, while you're in Windsor. I'm almost certain you won't get it early from Amazon, but give it a shot and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
When I preorder from Amazon, I usually have the game on the day of release as they tend to ship the day before so that it arrives on time. If it's Futureshop or Bestbuy, they never ship before, more often than not, I find they rarely ship on the day of release even. So if you're anxios to get a game, I would not recommend an online preorder from FS or BB, but Amazon.ca instead. But to be honest, I doubt you'll have trouble getting the game from any brick and mortar store (other than maybe EB).

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i pre-ordered MW2 from ebgames. I did not line up at midnight to get the game go home tired, load it and get on overloaded servers.. Instead i walked in the next morning and grabbed my copy after a good nites sleep :) I did not sleep as well that night though :)

Ill do the same with my black ops pre order.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I pre-ordered Rock Band 3 from Dell and got it a day before the actual release. That's my only experience pre-ordering. I live in Brampton, anything coming from Dell is in Mississauga as well, so if it's in stock, it's next day usually.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've had mixed experiences with pre-ordering online. I've had some good, but mostly bad experiences. I consider a bad experience as getting the game on any day after the release day. So if I really want a game, I pre-order it from a B&M store.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

I've decided to do it the old fashioned way and go to the store after all.

I'm working midnights on the release night so at least I won't be standing in line. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
EB GAMES in Barhaven has a few cases of the game in the back room now...ready for my black ops pickup tuesday morning :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I preordered MW2 last year from Best Buy. It arrived several days after the release date, missing the recipient's birthday. Never again.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I complained to Best Buy for the last online pre-order I did with them. The game didn't even ship until 2 or 3 days after the release date!! That's pretty scummy for customers that gave you money upfront or at least guaranteed you a sale. Bare minimum they should have all been shipped the night before, but instead it looks like they took the copies they had to the stores first to get new customers rather than risk running low there when they already had you on the hook.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
There is no excuse for it either. Since EB games has all the pre-orders in store days before... But again im not sure how online pre-ordering works. Would they be honestly be able to put them in the mail before the release date? Im not sure. (legal issues im sure having product in the mail to customers before the actual release date)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
There is no excuse for it either. Since EB games has all the pre-orders in store days before... But again im not sure how online pre-ordering works. Would they be honestly be able to put them in the mail before the release date? Im not sure. (legal issues im sure having product in the mail to customers before the actual release date)
They can as Amazon does it all the time. My guess is the retailer can ship before the release date as long as it doesn't arrive in the customer's hands prior to the street date. So shipping the day before would be a sure way of taking care of that requirement since no one does same day delivery to the end user for videogames.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you pre-order look for deals online. Just an example Amazon got many $10 cash back and sometime even $20 cash back on pre-order!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts