Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We recently switched to Shaw from Bell. We have 3 HD boxes, 2 non PVR, and one of their latest Motorolla PVR setups. The picture on this PVR has horizontal lines every 5-6" (on a 52" Sharp LCD) going down the entire screen. I have confirmed it's not a TV problem, using both Apple TV and a Bluray with the same input. Shaw is, not surprisingly, telling me it's a TV problem. I'm willing to bring up my compliant with a CSR again, but would appreciate any insight or reasoning that could be given here.

Thanks!

PS I've lurked these forums for years, finally had a reason to sign up and post.

I'm located in Calgary if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like the box to me... Why don't you bring over one of your other HD boxes and give it a go with the same connectors, then tell them it works with Apple, the other HD boxes, blue ray, etc, if it does...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is your PVR in 720p mode? It's possible that your TV is trying to upconvert the signal to 1080i/1080p but doing a poor job. If so, switch the PVR to 1080i.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check your RG6 terminations carefully and make sure they are tight. Those are the cablevision cable ends. If those connections are in poor shape, it can cause stationary horizontal lines across the display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts