Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The compact PowerShot SX10 IS digital camera features 10.0 megapixel resolution, Face Detection Technology, 2.5-inch vari-angle LCD screen,
a wide-angle (28 mm – 560 mm) 20x optical zoom lens, an Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), DIGIC 4 image processor and 24 shooting modes.

The SX10 arrives in late October and will sell for $450.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This camera lokks very close to Powershot s5 si. Is it going to replace S5?

·
Registered
478 Posts
yea.

they introduced the sx100 last year as a "lower end" version of the s series, and seems as tho they will continue their naming scheme of with this one becoming the sx10.

naming scheme, as in, 1d > 5d > 40/50d, and hf10 > hf100, and sx10 > sx110.

seems with canon the lower the number, the higher end the product.

·
Registered
478 Posts
SX10 IS

The wider wide-angle (relative to my S3 IS's 36mm) is nice and the 20x zoom is pretty cool. Since noise at higher ISO's has been an on-going issue, I wonder if the SX10 will improve upon the S3/S5. If so, I may be trading up...
i'm fairly certain noise at high iso is an on-going issue for ALL p&s cameras.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Unfortunately high noise at even mid range ISO's is a problem on todays high mega pixel cameras.
If you want high clean ISOs the best bet is an DSLR or keep your point and shoot at ISO 400 or under.

·
Super Moderator
11,144 Posts
Or else get a chip with lower sensor densities. Which do exist. I'll take a look at the S10 specs to see if it qualifies. At least partially.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts