Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if such a product exists. I need to run cable connection to another room on the second floor. I rather do this without using cables, does anyone know if there is an adapter that I can plug into the electrical outlet which converts coax connections from my cable providers signal and then I can plug in the adapter in the other room and then connect it to my digital box?

Kind of like an Ethernet powerline adapter but with coax connections.

It's a long shot but I figured this is the best place to ask.

T.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Never heard of one. FWIW, power line Ethernet doesn't work that well. I've heard of RF TV transmitters but they don't work that well either. Your best solution is in finding a good way to run some coax. Might as well run some CAT6 for Ethernet as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I have to crawl in the attic, btw I have powerline ethernet and it works very well actually, never had any issues.

Thank you again Scary.

T.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just wondering if you are using your Powerline on the same circuit breaker? That seems to be one of the requirements for a good connection.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No actually they are on 2 separate circuit breakers. I never had any issues with them since the first time I used them. I get 85Mbps connection on them as well.

T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts