Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone play around with the Catalyst options like deinterlacing and 3:2 pull-down? Also, anyone notice the hardware de-interlacing options under PowerDVD are Weave No De-interlacing, Bob, and then a series of non-coherent numbers?

I notice PowerDVD will recommend to turn off Smart De-interlace with HD content, which I don't use anyway, but I'm wondering if Hardware De-interlacing on the card should be used. Vector Adaptive is supposed to fix up the source beyond regular de-interlacing. I know HD content is progressive so in theory it should not matter but I also know that the ATI Avivo on the 2600XT anyway will clean up HD sources if there are imperfections.

So I guess my question is does anyone know which de-interlacing options should be set on the card for both SD and HD.

I tried Media Player Classic Home Theatre with EVR enabled and SD content and Vector Adaptive de-interlacing enabled and it looked better to me. Not much about this on the forums though.

·
Registered
785 Posts
With hi-def discs (nothing to deinterlace), these settings don't matter. At least I didn't see any difference.
Some HDM disks still have 1080i/60 source main feature material (especially concert BDs & HD DVDs) plus HD extras are often interlaced too (480i/60 or 1080i/60).

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Some HDM disks still have 1080i/60 source main feature material (especially concert BDs & HD DVDs) plus HD extras are often interlaced too (480i/60 or 1080i/60).
The funny thing is I didn't see any change with the different settings even with interlaced material (concerts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts