Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see you have time shifting going on there, am i right in saying that CTV Halifax is the only maritime provinces station to be included? No SRC or Global?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since buying the 22$ antenna, I bought a 60$ AntennasDirect DB2e to plug all of the TV's in the house. With it, I receive Radio-Canada, CBC, NBC, CBS, FOX, TVA, CTV, Global, Télé-Québec and seven PBS channels. When you get tired of paying for cable, give this a try.

By the way, I live in Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I see you have time shifting going on there, am i right in saying that CTV Halifax is the only maritime provinces station to be included? No SRC or Global?
You are not completely right.

Those channels I listed are HD channels since I almost never watch TV in SD anymore. If you are interested in SD channels, Bell Fibe also gives:

CBC Fredericton
SRC Moncton
Global Halifax
CTV2 Atlantic
NTV (available on Videotron's timeshift too)

I also wrote comparison between Videotron's and Bell Fibe's timeshifters here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, it does.

Colba has been approved last thursday. They had their hearing on the same day, so we should know any day now, what the real offer will be (price, channels, harware, ...).

The same services will be available from Distributel (same company).

Warning: a lot of people complain about service for their Internet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Distributel/Acanac/Zazeen IPTV has been approved Friday.

Some say Acanac's customer service is horrible. Maybe Distributel is better.

No matter what, I think competition is welcomed.

By the way, BluSky HDTV is not completly dead. They updated their site with September news.

Maybe 2013 will be the year when Videotron will follow competition and improve their HD channel list and prices...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts