Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my HDMI switching receiver can actually wake up my PVR. Note not power-on but you can hear the drive spin up when my receiver input is changed. Since many members are having trouble with their iHDD (and eHDD) spinning up and down constantly, it is possible the HDMI is interfering with the sleep funtions. It would be worth your time to temporarily disconnect the HDMI cable and see if the drive calms down.

Let me know if you have any luck. I put this in a separate thread because if it turns out to be a red herring I don't want to dilute the existing thread with incorrect information.

·
Registered
751 Posts
57 has noted previously that his PVR spins up when an HDMI device connected to it is turned on, and I've had it happen too.

However, my mother has an old SD CRT TV hooked up to an 8300HD. The connection to the TV is via S-video and stereo audio cables. No other outputs are connected. The iHDD still spins up and down continuously.

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Thanks for confirming it occurs via analog. I assume you mean ON = spin up.

I will close this thread shortly.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Another confirmation Jake, my PVR is attached via component cables to the TV and the spin up/down has been a regular activity since the latest firmware update.

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan the two cases mentioned are only connected to the PVR via component or s-video. No HDMI. Thanks guys. Closing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.