Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Rogers has a 30 day notification policy regarding cancellation. Once you notify them of your intent to cancel, they make you wait 30 days before they actually cancel the service and stop charging you.

How does that work for porting out cell phone or home phone?

It's my understanding that you're just supposed to sign up with your new provider and not proactively cancel your service or you risk losing your existing phone number. So hypothetically, if I port out tomorrow (august 6th) and start my service with Bell tomorrow, Rogers is still going to bill me until September 6th even though I obviously did not use the service at all and had already transferred my number? I know because Rogers bills a month ahead that I may have already paid for that period September 6th, so would they just keep my money or credit me back via cheque or credit card?

Anyone know for sure? (and no I don't trust the employees on the phone for accurate information)

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Hmm, this is the Rogers CABLE forum, and I've never heard about porting for Cable TV customers, didn't think it applied either. are you asking a cable question or a rogers home phone or a rogers wireless question? I'm somewhat confused as no where in the post does it explain what, you did how ever mention number, what number, account number? CTN? package number? I am confused by your post, please be a little more clear so we can try and help you out. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, this might be the wrong forum.

I'm canceling all my services - Home Phone, Cable and Wireless.

For Cable I assume I will have to call one month in advance, it's the phone/wireless that has me confused. Do I tell them I'm only canceling my cable and then just port out the other two? If I tell them I'm canceling all three they'll probably cancel my CTNs so I can't port them out.

This may need to be moved to a different forum...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts