Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ported my number from Rogers to MTS and I expected to get a pro-rated bill to my port-out date. I didn't contact Rogers in advance because I didn't want them to close my account and lose my number.

I contacted Rogers after my first bill which was generated before the port-out date, but the CSR was clueless. I still haven't received a pro-rated bill. Should I expect one?

Any words of advice from someone that's been through this before I call them again?

P.S. I did a search but couldn't find an answer.

·
Super Moderator
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was getting at is that I didn't call Rogers to give 30 days notice because I was afraid they would close my account and I would lose my number.

MTS ported my number while I waited and my old Rogers phone said "unregistered SIM". I'm no longer being billed for future service by Rogers but I still have this outstanding balance I'm trying to sort out.

·
Super Moderator
56,563 Posts
I would guess that, if there are no other penalties regarding a contract, that you would need to pay the previous provider anywhere from 0 days to 30 days.

When I switched from Bell to Rogers on my home phone last year, I was billed about $15 after the "switch date".

·
Super Moderator
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention I haven't been on a contract with Rogers for years.

Anyone else have experience on porting out from Rogers Wireless?

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Usually in this case you would get a 'double bill', meaning you'll be billed by both Rogers and MTS for one month. Not telling Rogers was the right move in terms of protecting your number, but usually in cases like this I recommend switching to pre-paid on your old provider if possible prior to initiating the port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts