Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick up the Athena AS-F2.2 used with the Athena AS-C1 center channel for $300.

I have also seen the Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II brand new for $119 each, so $238 plus about $10 shipping..

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Since Klipsh as acquired Energy which also owns Athena I don't see much future for Athena. One thing you have to consider is that you do not have any warranty on used speakers and therefore the price tag must reflect this.

As far as Polk, if you are not in a hurry, you should enroll with newegg''dot''ca newsletter and maybe wait for the 70s to go on sale. I've seen them go as low as 149 which all considered is a better investment than the 60s as it can provide a much more complete frequency range for music and HT (mind you with HT a stand alone sub is always welcomed).

Happy shopping :cool:

TK

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since Klipsh as acquired Energy which also owns Athena I don't see much future for Athena. One thing you have to consider is that you do not have any warranty on used speakers and therefore the price tag must reflect this.

As far as Polk, if you are not in a hurry, you should enroll with newegg''dot''ca newsletter and maybe wait for the 70s to go on sale. I've seen them go as low as 149 which all considered is a better investment than the 60s as it can provide a much more complete frequency range for music and HT (mind you with HT a stand alone sub is always welcomed).

Happy shopping :cool:

TK
I don't mind so much that Athena may or may not be dead, I just care that the speakers sound good. I think I will end up passing, but will still go and check them out, and if they blow me away I might be swayed.

Good suggestion though.. I do like the 70s and for $149 I would jump all over that.. I am in no hurry as well, just starting the drywall stages in the basement.

How often do these go on sale, and when was the last time? Do you think these would be compareable or better than the Athenas?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts