Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to point galaxy 19 my signal is always 52% and quality 0% .
1- Using V8 Finder to detect maximum signal, At Elevation and azimuth constant the Skew doesn't improve my signal.
So, I changed the altitude and azimuth to see and
2- Altitude and Elevation doesn't affect the signal. 52 to 54% and quality always 0% !
3- If I do a full scan on Galaxy 19
a list of channel is displayed after a full scan on galaxy 19
00007 gal 19 04c80 V 29850
00008 gal 19 04881 V 29990
Any idea to find what is wrong in my installation ?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The signal at 52 just tells you that the LNB is working not that you are receiving anything.
The fact that Q = 0 means you are not locked onto the satellite at all.

Is this your first time at aiming a dish? Perhaps you can fill us in on all the equipment you are using.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the frequencies are re-used across the different satellites. pointing the dish looking for maximum signal strength will likely lead you to be pointed at the strongest satellite which is probably Anik F1R. Galaxy 19 isn't strong compared to it's neighbors such as Galaxy 3C, Anik F1R, Anik F2, Ciel 2, etc. No channels will be found by your receiver this way.

starting with making sure the LNB settings are input correctly, program a transponder manually into your receiver from the lists found online for Galaxy 19 such as "lyngsat". Then use the receiver to monitor that transponder signal, and slowly (1 degree per movement, pause for 15 seconds each time) pan the antenna left or right until a lock is achieved. When lock is achieved, Quality reading will be non-zero.

use compass and satbeams website to find starting angle(azimuth) for this process. use "signal strength" bar on receiver to track satellite arc(elevation) as it should respond to all signals in a very rough fashion.

Good luck, patience is key.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
yeah usually them one post wonders you will find asking the same question on three or four sites at the same time... if ya look hard enough...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts