Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Plex now supports optimizing a video file for better streaming. Just select "Optimize" on the server.

There's also the issue of Wifi. Is there a strong enough signal where you're trying to stream?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Perplexed by Plex

Using Apple TV 4K and a 4 core iMac w/ 8G ram. Plex Server installed, Plex app on ATV installed. Wired by ethernet. Library shows up. I played one show/movie on it. The next day it won't play same file!

I sent this question to Plex forums w/ logs. No answer! All the logs state is that it couldn't find the media, which was untrue on day one. I re-scanned files to no avail.

Help please.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is the iMac going into some type of sleep mode? It sounds like either that or some type of permissions problem on the library folder

·
Registered
225 Posts
I checked permissions of all files and folders all have 'fetching' permission. Remember I did play one file. No sleep-mode problems. It was awake during my trials.

Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not using wi-fi buy an Ethernet connection. My wi-fi does work when I use AirPlay for screen mirroring [only because of this issue w/ Plex server]

Thanks.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts