Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been wondering if anyone else has been trying to get "away" from the system and play around with the actual operating system behind Mediaroom.

I've so far have discovered a keyboard and mouse will allow you to get into an actual PC feeling, moving the mouse around outside of the TV or Guide (any menu, such as music, etc.) will display a cursor.

Also, in these menus, pressing ALT will bring up a menu to allow you to modify "Favorites" like Internet Explorer, however the exit button doesn't do anything.

The third thing I've discovered is the menus are hosted on some form of a private on-system web server at the address of "dtvmserver:8000/alianttv/consumer?R=__/__"

Has anyone else been playing? If so, lemme know!

·
Registered
564 Posts
How are you hooking up a mouse and keyboard I thought the USB ports were disabled?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
"dtvmserver:8000/alianttv/consumer?R=__/__"
Curious, can you access that with your PC?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The tech that set mine up said pretend you didn't see that USB port when I asked about it and then he said they were disabled; but now I have to test this tonight to see what I can do with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tech that installed mine said the same thing. However, I was speaking to one of my friends that does the training on installs and supposedly tech's are told to say they are disabled for protection purposes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hugh: unfortunately not. However, they're using a sub-IP scheme on the modem. I haven't tried to change the IP address scheme on the router, however I might try putting the jumper on the diagnostic pins and remoting in...

·
Registered
9 Posts
misterk85 do you have the Mediaroom interface or the old interface? Do you also have Fiber or Bell Aliant TV? I was told Mediaroom is unavailable for Bell Aliant TV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for the USB hookup, will it allow us to put an external HD to help out the PVR HD space? This was allowed with the 9242 at BellTV (ExpressVue). Just wondering....:eek:

·
Registered
564 Posts
The USB ports wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I know, I believe it's MediaRoom. I'm on just standard IPTV as FibreOP isn't quite available yet.

As for hard-drive access, I'm not sure. There -should- be a way to do it. I've seen a few things online saying that upgrading the hard drive is easy, unfortunately the box I got doesn't have the headers to do such a thing.

Here are some hotkeys on a standard keyboard:
F1 - Guide, F2 - Program Info, F3 and F8 - Main Menu, Alt - Hidden Menu, arrow-keys navigate.

Some pics of what I've found:

Hidden Menu (Alt Key in any of the menus EXCEPT the guide).

URL found by choosing to add favorite.
(http;//dtvmserver:8000/servlet/MainMenu - same as first post).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bell Aliant TV Guilde

Misterk85 the software that you are running on your set-top box is not Mediaroom, it is the older software which they are phasing out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts