Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It looks like it's a decision as to whether MSNBC is worth paying an extra $10/mo to watch outside the home with the app.
Unfortunately Telus doesn't allow I add PikTV if I already have OptikTV even if I am willing to pay extra $10/month.

It looks like I am gonna be stuck with no MSNBC for a while, until my contract expires :(

But Bell also doesn't MSNBC out of home too, hmm.. is it that hard to stream MSNBC on the phone in Canada?

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
It's more likely that MSNBC won't allow out of home streaming. A lot of broadcasters apply restrictions on various uses of their signal, which is their right, in order to maximize income or reduce abuses. With many people's propensities for account sharing and other ways of avoiding paying for subscription TV it's understandable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This sudden Telus removal of channels for out-of-home streaming has prompted me to think, how does Telus determine what's in-home or what's out-of-home?

Is it that my devices running Optik TV app have to be on the same subnet with the line feeding to the STBs?

Or is there something more sophisticated going on?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts