Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am a Cogeco Digital Cable TV customer in the Welland, ON area. Over the past week, I have been having real bad pixelation issues on just one of the HD channels I receive and that channel is ABC West(Seattle) HD channel 717. The pixelation is so bad that the channel does not come in.

I called Cogeco Tech Support on Saturday September 14th about this issue and the only solution the tech had was to send a replacement for my Pace DC550D which was told would come on Wednesday September 18th. I found that weird considering my HD Box is working as it should other than that one channel. Well I called back on Tuesday and said to cancel the replacement because channel 717 was working normally again.

It is September 20th and that channel is acting up again. I know it is not my HD box that is the problem.

My question is does anyone else have really bad pixelation problems with Cogeco digital cable as of late?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pixelation is Quite Common

There will be pixelation on quite a few HD channels, especially the ones in the Super Sports Pack. Almost every night, the picture freezes for a moment and then returns. I know it's not a storm or anything like that because the sound continues unimpeded. It could be over-compression, but it could also be the Rogers feed. However, if you're getting pixelation on ABC West, then maybe it is Cogeco's problem. I don't think it's your receiver. I also have a Pace. The disruption is so brief it doesn't bother me. But, I've never noticed pixelation on any other channels other than those of the SSP. Hope this helps.
P.S. I'm surprised the techie couldn't have told you that. Maybe he's not a sports fan! :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I wonder if it's the satellite they're trying to receive from?

I seem to remember around the spring / fall equinox there is a problem with the sun and it's position relative to the satellite being received and the noise coming from said sun...

Cameron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts