Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I enjoyed Toy Story 3. Not much to dislike about it!

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to like How to Train Your Dragon but couldn't. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think HTTYD is more popular with kids than adults. I semi enjoyed it but I really think it's a lot more about action/flashy movement than story. Which is great for some kids. My nephew (6 years old) just loves it. And I understand why..

I think Pixar just has the magic formula down pat for holding both the adult and child audience watching these animated films together. Hard to do..

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I remember when it came out there was one critic who is a well-known contrarian who spoiled what would have been a 100% score for Toy Story 3.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I really enjoyed Toy Story 3. My only minor beef with it was that it was geared to an older audience than the first two. My 5 year old daughter loved the first two (we saw them on video), but she was almost too frightened to watch the third one when we were at the theatre. The tone was much darker than the first two.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I enjoyed How to Train your Dragon more personally. Some of the nuances of the characters and particular scenes really struck me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
On Blu-Ray hooked up to my Christmas plasma, TS3 made my eyes vomit in delight.

Plus the story and sound were really good, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts