Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1281 - 1298 of 1298 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
This thread won't be closed as Jayhaed announced yesterday he will be back to broadcasting on Friday. This story is nowhere near finished until he stops threatening to get back on the air and publicly announces he's through with battling big brother. I don't think he'll be able to get everything in operational order by Friday but he definitely has enough money to get it done real soon.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I agree to a certain degree about leaving him alone. However, I think it has to be kept open. This just shows how certain kids are becoming today. If I had told my mom to "shut up stupid", I can assure you that I could tell you how much I weigh without any teeth. My pops would've never tolerated any foul language like this towards my mom. Oh no.

Right now, the whole situation is playing like a reality program on tv. Never in all my years on DHC have I followed a thread with so much passion. There is drama, action and then some.

There are so many rules broken by so many players that it is just sad as to how everything is just plain wrong. From the kid to the parents to the Canadian officials. This reason alone is why it must be kept openned. Hopefully we'll learn from the mistakes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
And for the sake of those authorities such as IC, RCMP, et all who may be monitoring this thread for information, it would help if it stayed open. However, I concur with Jake's statement that perhaps only relevant/developing information be posted from now on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, will Jayhaed be back on the air tomorrow, with a new transmitter, as he said he would????

My guess is No. But i will be driving by the stripclub tonight, on the way home. And i will take a picture of anything, if see something else attached to that tower that is new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I drove by the place this morning on my way to work. 91.9 was quiet at first but within 1km or so of the building I started picking up a stereo signal. It gradually got stronger but as I passed and got further away it faded very fast.

Someone here said he's got a small 30w transmitter... I think he's running it with a piece of wire stuck in the antenna jack or something. Wonder how long that transmitter will last.

It will probably keep him under IC's radar at least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, I have been reading this tread for some time now and find it funny that this pirate station operator claims that there are no frequencies left in Ottawa to use. Who ever told him this info is only partialy right. This might be the case for IC protected high power allocated frequencies. You can find and download this list of frequencies on the IC spectrum site.

How ever this is not the case for low power unprotected "drop in" frequencies. I'm sure a frequency in ottawa could be found per IC rules on short spacing requirments on the fm Broadcast band.

Anyone has the right to apply for a broadcasting license.

I would how ever not apply for low power comercial in this case as the Ottawa market is already well served and saturated as it is. A commercial application would most likely trigger a market call or open call for applications if CRTC feel that the market could support an additional comercial staion and with that at work he would have no chance dealing againts the big boys.

But it only takes 5 mins to form a legit club with friends and family members and apply for a low power 50 watt community station to be incorperated if approved. It does not cost one penny to apply!And a bonus for his case. His music format. Dance,Pop, and World Beats are official CRTC formats.

50 watts might not be much but on a calculated quiet frequency could do quite well. Esp in a geographic zone like ottawa where the elevation does not goes to extream veriations.

Just my two cents :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
somedude24,

That's all well and great, but if you go back and reread the posts by Jayhaed as well as the comments he's made on air, it's pretty clear that he has zero interest in following the rules. As well, it's doubtful the kid would settle for a 50 watt community station either, especially when other people have made similar suggestions on here before to no avail. Bottom line is the kid is going to do whatever he feels like, and consequences be damned. Until the police or his parents scare some common sense into him, there's really not much anyone can do or say on here to change his mind I think. The sad part is he is really ruining his future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Saade sign

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before - but there is a HUGE sign at the corner of Walkey Road and Russel Road for 'Saade International' --- and at the top of the sign, the MIX FM logo is affixed - similar to the logo that he currently uses on his mixottawa website.

I haven't been able to grab a pic of it (driving and camera's don't mix well) - - - but it's at this intersection, on the land in front of Giant Tiger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The picture of the Saadé International Centre on that sign and on their website (http://www.saadeinternationalcentre.com/) is actually the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. It is 39 stories tall and has 1500 rooms. That means if they build it it will have 1000 more rooms than the current largest hotel in Ottawa. All conveniently located next to the Giant Tiger discount store.

That inheritance Jayhaed received must have been a lot more than $80,000!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Click on this link and wait... it'll take you down to the street view and you'll see the for sale sign ... it said 'reduced price' so I guess they got a good deal on the land!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...ll=45.392084,-75.607513&spn=0,359.990398&z=17

also about the website... a whois search......

Domain Name: SAADEINTERNATIONALCENTRE.COM
Created on: 17-Sep-09
Expires on: 17-Sep-10
Last Updated on: 17-Sep-09

Administrative Contact:
Saade, George [email protected]
5023 Bank St
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3N4
Canada
613-xxxxxxxx Fax --

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Closing. If something changes, we'll re-open.

1281 - 1298 of 1298 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.