Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked this unit up when I purchased it with no issues. I'm running component video from my ATT Uverse box with regular analog (red/white) audio. Also have regular red/white/yellow inputs for xbox (original), Wii, and dvd player. One set of component fvideo output to HDTV. All was well for about a month.

Short description:
Inputs not working as they should. Video channels don't match audio channels, Component video input not working at all.

Long description:
I come back after being out of town for a week and my wife tells me that the DVD player video doesn't work but the audio does. Apparently my son had been "pressing some buttons" on the front of the unit. I attempted to fix and have screwed it up even worse. First thing after messing around with buttons, etc. was that the ATT Uverse audio was not playing through the same channel as the video (it somehow now plays when you select DVD, previously both audio and video worked on Video 1). Some more button pushing on my end and now the ATT Uverse video doesn't show up. The cables in the back have never changed mind you.

I have tried manually assigning and unassigning and reassigning the inputs and none of the permutations seem to work. ATT Uverse audio (plugged into the Video 1 in slot) plays when DVD input is selected on the front. Xbox works fine on its own input channel, Wii works fine on its own input channel. The problem seems to be the ATT Uverse video/audio. Once I fix that audio piece it should put the DVD audio back to the DVD input and then the only problem is the DVD video.

I'm lost, I give up. Any help or suggestions are truly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Options:

1. There is usually a set of buttons you can press to reset the AVR to the default settings - outlined in the operating manual.

2. The audio inputs need to be properly assigned to "match" the video inputs. Sounds like your son (and then you) improperly assigned them and you now need to put the one(s) that don't work back in the proper place. Some people find this process difficult, but perhaps having someone read the instructions while the other person does the button presses will help. Perhaps even get your son involved. Have a look at the "assignment page" for one of the inputs that does work, then go to one that doesn't work and put the video and audio inputs in their proper places.

Here's a post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hi Erric, You can download the manual from the pioneer-electronics website.
I used to have that model, and you need to assign ports to input buttons using the on-screen display. IIRC, the on screen display needs a Composite (yellow RCA) cable to work, even if your normal viewing display is HD component.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Tom, I assume it's possible to do the assignment via the front display on the AVR too, although it's not as "nice" an interface obviously as using the TV OSD (On Screen Display).

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Erric, Make sure you have the YPbPr cables running into the proper inputs 1, 2 or 3) in the back.

I.E.

Component - 1 [ DVD/LD ]
Component - 2 [ TV/SAT ]
Component - 3 [ DVR 1 ]

I know you said you didn't remove them but it is best to check in case your memory is not 100%. Also, remove all the cables except the one you want to get working and then slowly add.

I have this model. A few notes, make sure the audio input is set to auto and not digital. Also that the video up-conversion is enabled.

From the manual

If several video components are assigned to the same input function, the converter gives priority to component, S-video, then composite (in that order).
Oh and make sure INPUT is not swapped with OUTPUT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got everything hooked back up after resetting the system and as Jake pointed out worked one at a time until they all worked.

I laughed a little at the suggestion to ask my son to help. He just turned one and is into everything. I wouldn't expect you guys to know that but still thought it was a little humorous. He did try to help, probably why it took me about 30 minutes longer than expected.

So, it's all hooked back up and workingish. My component input for some reason is showing up and everything has a yellow tint. Where there should be red, there is not. Any ideas there before I go ask the Google doctor?

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Probably a poor connection or cable. Unplug and replug all the cables a couple of times at both ends and perhaps try a different set of RCA-type cables - any will work for a test provided you connect them properly (red to red, etc). Here's the FAQ on things to check. Read it and the previous link I provided.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19694

1 - 8 of 8 Posts