Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Current price on the 1015?

Is there currently anywhere this unit can be had for less than $599 (BB price for the silver one, ugh) in the KW or GTA area? This receiver is such a deal in the US...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Lotus,
Try any local shop not the big box stores and just bargain your price. You should be able to get $50-$100 off

·
Registered
585 Posts
ctown6412 said:
Lotus,
Try any local shop not the big box stores and just bargain your price. You should be able to get $50-$100 off
Exactly. Too bad you dont have Visions in waterloo, I got mine last month for $539.00 and they have them on until xmas.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
available

I bought it friday for 500.00
They have 2 left on stock at H.D.TV electronics, Warden south of steels.
I love it so far, spent the weekend hanging speakers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm still in it with FS. So I check the online availability, and it says its in so I take my reciever they gave me and head out. I get there only to recieve flack from a "new" emplyee. This guy has no clue what is going on. He is asking everyone around him about what to do and running in and out of the back room. He then tells me to go to the front desk as he told them to order me one. I get there and the girl knows nothing. He just tried to brush me off as he didn't know what to do. After blowing up and talking to a manager I have on on order...

This thing better be worth it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's an excellent receiver. If you get it for $539 that's an excellent deal.
As for the difference between the 52TX and the 1015. I would only get the 52 if it had a feature that was absolutely necessary to me that the 1015 doesn't (like 2nd zone and a rs-232 port) the 1015 has more surround modes, updated components and more component inputs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well worth it...sounds amazing and try out a THX movie (Star wars, etc.)..wow..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought it last Sunday, and it's amazing. Im hoping to get around setting up the speakers individually to see if I can find a better sound instad of the auto mac set up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Under EQ data check you can adjust speakers seperately does anyone know what each of they stand for 40Hz bass 125Hz treble ,or not

40Hz 125Hz 250Hz 4Hz 13Hz Trim , thanks DTI

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
DTI, baically the lower the frequency are bass levels and the highest being the treble
40khz=deep base
125=mid base
250= mid range
4= high mid range
13=treble or (tweeters)

·
Registered
66 Posts
ctown6412 said:
DTI, baically the lower the frequency are bass levels and the highest being the treble
40khz=deep base
125=mid base
250= mid range
4= high mid range
13=treble or (tweeters)
That awesome" thanks ctown6412

I searched for hours on the net checked everything with VSX-1015TX EQ settings ,speaker settings.custom settings and nothing once again thanks :D DTI

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just paid $475.00 CDN at FS for my 1015tx-s !!!

rabbler said:
It's an excellent receiver. If you get it for $539 that's an excellent deal.
As for the difference between the 52TX and the 1015. I would only get the 52 if it had a feature that was absolutely necessary to me that the 1015 doesn't (like 2nd zone and a rs-232 port) the 1015 has more surround modes, updated components and more component inputs.

Yes, it's TRUE ! ... I had a raincheck for the Boxing Week sale at FS for the 1015tx @ $499.99 (CDN). Well, my local FS just got one (1) in today and I went right there to pick it up. When I arrived they told me that the one they just received got opened by mistake and they ended up given me a 5% discount becuase it was a 'opened' box !!! Lucky Me eh !!!

I will be doing my initial setup tonight on my new toy. Should be a big change for me as my old HT receiver was a 15 yr. old Technics SA-GX910 Dolbly Pro-Logic. I should notice a Big Change !!!

My speakers are:

Front's - Paradign Titan's (L/R)
Centre - Yamaha
Sub - Yamaha Active SW50
Backs - Polk M515's (L/R)

Now the fun begins !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is everyone using auto MCACC or have you been using the manual settings in EQ CUSTOM 1 & 2 adjust, If you have are you adjusting your EQ so all your speakers are the same, because everytime I use the auto MCACC and once it is done and move the Mic 6 inhes & redo I get a total different EQ setting so should 6 inch movement of the mic be that much of a difference

this is how i have my EQ setting all speakers set to this

0 40Hz
+.5 125Hz
+.5 250Hz
+1.5 4Hz
+2.0 13HZ

fronts +1.5 db center +3 db surround +1 surr backs +2.5 and sounds better than what the MCACC comes up with. have you guys doing auto or messing with manual thanks (and I know everybody speakers settings will be different)

·
Super Moderator
11,176 Posts
DTI, I started a thread here that covers the topic you are discussing. I just starting playing around with auto MCACC so when I have more results I will post them over there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't know if people are still looking for the best deal on this guy but I picked up one last week, black, 499 tax in. Audio 5.1 in Edmonton.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm keeping my eye out for a $499 as well. I missed out on the $499 deal at FS and BB during boxing week and they sold out fast! Ideally I'm looking for BB to price match since I have some gift cards there. I'll update if I see it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I picked up a black one from Visions before the full blown Christmas sale. The sales offered the $499 price to me (sticker at $599) without any serious bargaining from my part. That led me to believe that the $499 price would give them a reasonable margin. You should be able to get that from any dealer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Agreed. There was very little bargaining on my part to get this price. Of course, the price will dip much easier if you're packaging speakers as well.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts