Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kicking myself at the moment.

Relocated the PDP-4360HD to master bedroom last night, it was working just fine with images etc. after I turned it on even though I hadn't hooked up the HD cable box yet.

As those who owns this plasma display will know the media receiver fan noise is noticeable even when the unit is in off/standby mode, I decided to take the cover off this morning to see if something can be done about it.

The unit did not power on at this point, i.e. the ON, Stdby, and Rec Timer indicators are lit but both internal fans are not turning and there is no image on the display. Realizing there is a spring loaded switch on the side of the chassis normally held down by the cover, I didn't panic and put some weight on it and powered it up again.

To my great surprise the media unit still did not power up, the same three ON, Stdby, and Rec Timer indicator on the media unit front panel came on but nothing else, no image and both internal fans are not turning. :confused:

Replacing the top cover has not made any difference, I also double checked all the cable connections are good between the display and the media unit.

There is a 4 amp tubular glass fuse in the power board, visually it looks not blown, I also checked continuity with a multimeter to confirm the fuse appears to be fine.

Have I inadvartently got into a service mode of some sort by powering up the unit without the top cover and now needs a reset? The owners' manual doesn't say anything about all 3 indicators being lit or what that means......

Hate to think I've permanently damaged the unit simply by powering up the unit with the top cover of the media receiver off, especially given how nice this display is!

Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved

Nothing like solving this problem on my own, and I'll pass along some useful info that took me awhile to find on the web:

- This was the lifesaver document http://www.elwinelectronics.com/roadscum/Field_Service_Guide_07_rev1.2.pdf, well worth its weight (bytes?) in gold, it contains information from G2 to G8 Pioneer plasma displays.

- Page 19 is the trap-switch reset procedure

- Page 81 is the also useful too for normal system reset

The most confusing part is the statement/requirement that "TV Guide must be off", what I found is this is done by pressing the momentary switch on the Media Receiver to the left of the power switch/button, if you can't get the first set of the steps to work, then press the TV Guide button once, then try again.

What a relief the PDP-4360HD is now back in operation! :)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Congrats! My apology for not seeing your thread before. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts