Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioneer One is the latest project from Josh Bernhard and Bracey Smith whose previous indie feature The Lionshare, became VODO's biggest success to date with over 450,000 downloads since its release.

The show's pilot was shot for just $6000, raised through the micro-funding platform Kickstarter. "This production was possible due in no small part to the willingness of talented, professional people working for free," explains Bernhard. "From actors to composers, they did this because they believed in the project and wanted to see it happen.The production was a journey in and of itself.

This release takes place with the kind support of distribution partners BitTorrent and Limewire, and of course all our other partners in the Distribution Coalition.

More information

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An object in the sky spreads radiation over North America. Fearing terrorism, U.S. Homeland Security agents are dispatched to investigate and contain the damage. What they discover will have implications for the entire world.
I'm curious so am downloading to watch.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
"U.S. Homeland Security agents are dispatched to investigate and contain the damage"

So it's a comedy then? I'm in!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
it was one of my highest DL throughputs in my brief torrents history.... (consistent at 1MB/sec through the whole file)

Story looks promising..... I hope it continues.... the $6000 budget is evident....

P

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I predict the Homeland Security agents will arrive at the source of the radiation and find a doorway to an alternate dimension, thereby stumbling onto a secret war between two parallel worlds.

Does anyone other than me think the plot bears an eerie resemblance to the final episode of Fringe? :p

edit: I haven't watched it yet - just a random guess on my part

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
I'm presently downloading it, but based on the show's concept alone I've donated $25 and was provided some links to additional material (conventional download) after doing that. I don't doubt that somebody has already torrented those added files but I like to help out with true innovators like these Pioneer One folks when I can. :)

Even if the production values are rough it sounds like a great story and I wish them all the best.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So far so good,kinda slow start but I'll be watching further.........

·
Registered
520 Posts
1.1mb/s download rate...is awesome. I'll def give my rating on it later, only 1 and 1st episode though, right?

·
Registered
520 Posts
It was a little unrealistic and over dramatized, especially with the characters stress.

I've never seen these professional actors before..

I might watch the second episode, I just wasn't impressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts