Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, one of my friends has MTS tv and just bought a Pioneer DVR-533H. He is trying to set it up so the DVR unit can talk to the MTS digital box which is a Next Level receiver. I went over to help him out but we weren't able to get the DVR to talk to the MTS box successfully. The Pioneer DVR has something called a g-link cable which ends in an infrared wand of some sort which it uses to talk to the receiver. Despite selecting Next Level from the receiver model selection screen in the DVR it still couldn't communicate. Has anyone else had any success in controlling the Next Level receiver provided by MTS from a DVR box? If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Cheers, RP

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Next Level was bought by Motorola. Perhaps a Motorola code would work?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try and see how it works.

-Cheers, RP

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same prblem except MTS gave me a Motorola box. If you or anyone else has figured it out I'd be very happy if you would pass on the solution.

Thanks,

C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whoops, the Motorola box is Next Step so we have the same setup. Has anyone resolved this problem? I can't get TV Guide set up on my Pioneer DVD recorder.

·
Registered
52 Posts
MTStv gets their TV guide programming from GEMSTAR for their Next Level and Motorola set top boxes...

therefore every DVR in the market is not able to pick up the TV guide from the MTStv set top box but needs to get it directly from GEMSTAR instead...

GEMSTAR TV Guide On Screen

get in contact with GEMSTAR and/or your DVR manufacturer and they should be able to assist you with activating the TV guide on your DVR...

·
Registered
52 Posts
you still need to get in contact with GEMSTAR and/or your DVR manufacturer to activate the TV guide on your DVR...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts