Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Stop into any Henry's and ask, and they will give you tickets.

If you sign up for Henry's email newletter you are supposed to get free tickets as well, but I have not seen those yet.....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oct 2010 Toronto Camera Show

Guess I should have titled this as "Henry's Camera Show", but you know what I mean.... ;)

Any else been there? Or going?

The line up this morning was impressive. I got to fondle the cameras I am considering, and even put my SD card into one to do a few photos and an HD video to take home and evaluate.

This show represents and excellent value - 'specially when you can get free admission for the asking - and puts a huge amount of stuff where you can play with it and talk to others about it. Lots of educational opportunities as well.

One camera I played with was the Fujifile Finepix REAL 3D W3. Wow! If I had the spare change, I would have brought one of them home with me! What was truly amazing was that the display was in 3D when you were taking a photo, or capturing a video, or when viewing them - all without glasses! How do they do 3D without glasses?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I went today as well. Got to play with the new GH2 and the 100-300mm (600mm equiv) lens. The combo was very small compared to a 600mm equiv. DLSR combo. It was around the same weight and slightly smaller than my s100fs bridge camera. If the IQ of this lens holds up it could become a great birding camera for many.

I also played around with the a55 and even the 70-400mm Sony lens. Sony really needs a better APS-C body for their larger lenses. The A55 was smaller than the GH2 and the grip was just too short to grab (pinky needed to go under the camera).

Fuji had the X100 but unfortunately it was under glass. Of course it was fun just to try out all of the longer zoom lenses even though I could never afford them.

Picked up a monopod for $25 and a couple of 8x10 frames for cheap. Black's has 8x10s on sale for 80 cents right now and I needed some frames.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts