Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given budget constraints if you were to buy a tv today would you take a smaller 3d plasma or a larger non-3d.

More specifically, 54" S2 or 50" samsung c7000.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Larger non-3D TV.

·
Registered
146 Posts
+2 with Cooper

We got a non-3D 54" Pany just after x-mas and we just loooooooove it !

·
Registered
225 Posts
^^^ Ditto. Until there is more programming and better viewing options that don't include getting special glasses that cost $$ 3D tv will probably not take off to the extent it's worth the premium. I, personally, am waiting for holographic TV to be developed.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm skipping 3D until there's an actual standard where 3D glasses can be used with 3D TVs from any manufacturers. Right now, the glasses you get only work for the TV you purchased and you have only one source to buy additional/replacement glasses.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Stick With 2D

Yep. Get the larger 2D HD set. 3D is still too new/buggy to be taken seriously. If it is still around in three/four years you can get a much better 3D set then. There's no rush.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the responses, it's pretty clear what the consensus is. I was leaning toward the larger non-3d initially then started getting temped to go 3d...thanks for confirming my original thoughts and helping set me straight....sometimes a little confirmation from others helps :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mine makes a buzz/hummm sound. Apparently plasma's do this. The PQ on this set is outstanding. I hope I can get the buzz/humm thing sorted out. I sit 6ft from the TV.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts