Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned to Channel 47 (Peachtree TV) and this message is on my screen

Peachtree TV has been removed from the Cogeco channel lineup, We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused

·
Super Moderator
56,523 Posts
If you search this website for "Peachtree" threads you'll see that there appears to be some disruption with various providers - getting removed, moving to different packages, etc. I'm guessing that negotiations with providers have not gone according to plan.

You may wish to e-mail Peachtree and Cogeco to see what's going on.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Assuming this disruption is negotation based, I would venture to speculate that when the last deal was negotiated, WPCH was still under the callsign WTBS and was simulcasting a good portion of TBS Superstation. Now that the TBS programing is off of WPCH/Now that WPCH is distinct from TBS, I could easily see the Canadian Cable Companies no longer placing as much economic value on the Peachtree TV feed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just Received This Email From Cogeco

Just Received This Email From Cogeco...

Important information regarding changes to your Cogeco Cable service.

Thank you for choosing Cogeco as your trusted television provider. We are committed to continually improving the strength and reliability of our network to ensure you have the best possible entertainment and communication services. And we are equally committed to providing the best customer service to our valued customers like you.

We are sending this notice to inform you of changes to your Cogeco TV package. As of March 11, 2011, Peachtree TV will be removed from our channel line up due to contractual issues encountered with the channel provider. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You will see Peachtree TV removed from your package as of March 11, 2011.

For your convenience, you can find many popular shows airing on Peachtree TV such as Seinfeld, The Family Guy, Friends, King of Queens and many more on TVTropolis, another channel you have within your Cogeco TV package. These shows are also available on FOX and other US network stations.

We thank you for your understanding and hope that you will continue to enjoy your Cogeco TV Service with these changes. In the event that you have concerns or do not wish to continue receiving your Cogeco TV Service in accordance with these new terms, please contact us at 1-877-870-0766.

Once again, we want to thank you for being a valued Cogeco customer. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we remain committed to providing you with industry-leading Cable TV, High Speed Internet and Home Phone services. Should you have any questions about any of your services, please feel free to visit cogeco.ca.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If they are removing Peachtree, then why dont they at least add WWOR in it's place. I bet they wont reduce the rates to compensate for the channel loss.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I remember way back when Rogers lost WNLO when it went from PBS to the WB because of the CRTC. At least they replaced it with WTVS.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll be surprised if they actually replace it with something comparable. I'll actually be surprised if they replace it at all.

I'm sure it's just easier to pocket the money they're saving by getting rid of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I will be calling and asking them how they will be replacing all the movies/sports I'll be missing.

Think I can get a channel or two out of them as replacements?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Depends on how much you complain to customer relations and retention. Plenty of threads discussing negotiation of tiers and such all over Digital Home. How far you get will be on an individual basis.

I personally would make note to the rep that WPCH carried both Sports (ACC Tournament (and do they still have Braves baseball?)) and Movies to try and nudge them along. Also yelling will probably not get you anywhere.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is it just me or does Cogeco have issues dealing with Time-Warner? They're the only provider iirc in Canada that doesn't offer Headline News and one of the few that don't carry TCM (perhaps the only) and now Peachtree is gone.

Aside from CNN (which would be pretty hard to drop) and HBO which has their deal through Astral there's nothing from Time-Warner on Cogeco anymore.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Weird...I know HLN wasn't on the dial when I had Cogeco and I know there was a thread around here recently about someone complaining she can't watch Nancy Grace now becasue Cogeco doesn't carry HLN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a customer of Cogeco, I have to say that a little heads up would have been nice, I did not receive any e-mail or letters telling us about the changes. I think it could have been worse. Peachtree wasn't my all time favourite channel. It had its good shows, but like it stated in the e-mail someone else posted that those shows still can been seen on different stations. Peachtree did have good movies, but the amount of commercials on this station was outrageous. There was times where I could have watched another show for more then 5 minutes and still the commercials would be playing. So all and all, it still sucks that we have to pay for a channel that we no longer have. But I am waiting to see what will replace it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts