Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I lost CFTO also and I'm using Watchtv/ATI wonder with Windows XP Home. I thought I did something to cause this but at least I know now that I'm not the only one... love this forum!

·
Registered
177 Posts
ok, now CFTO 9-1 (RF 40-1) is back.. just in time for the Oscars, which I'm not watching.

·
Registered
177 Posts
ricken racken fracken #@!%^& CFTO channel 9 is gone again.

Must've happened some time Tuesday since I recorded CSI: Miami just fine on Monday night.

·
Registered
11 Posts
any ati workaround yet?

:eek: I too am having the CFTO Blues. On ati mmc I get the audio but no
video, I had it, then it went away. On watchhdtv I get a signal of 66%, no audio, no video. Tryed changing the -1, but nothing. A while back someone
posted a link for VBSignal meter, a day ago while playing with it and mmc running, I got cfto hd. Couldnt do it again though.

Anyone have any luck, I notice nobody posting to this thread for a while, or
do we just go with out CFTO?
..........Rob

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all, I'm shopping for a tuner card for a Windows MCE machine, what's the best card out there these days capable of receiving OTA?

There are various cards and website, but I haven't found one that has good reviews, so I'm a bit confused.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
DigitalCanadian,

Exactly what bimmer said... it depends on what you are looking for.

Personally, I've used the Avermedia A180, and DViCO ATSC tuner cards (I haven't used the ATI HDTV Wonder). They are both great cards. For quality, I don't see too much of a difference. I have no problems tuning (except for CFTO - but that's the same all across the board). Flexibility... I think the DViCO is the best. The PCI comes in half height and full height, and they have an external USB version too (my favourite). Price... I think the DViCO is a little more expensive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the link and recommendation. I managed to find avermedia a180 for sale on tigerdirect.ca but so far I haven't been able to find a Canadian source for DViCO.

Anybody knows of a Canadian store/site that sells Dvico?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the only difference between the lite and the Gold version is that the Gold comes with a remote, and the SVideo input. Otherwise, it's an identical card.

I pretty much only use it for ATSC, so... I don't need the SVid... and I have an MCE remote, so I don't need their remote.

If you don't mind external, you might want to try the USB Gold instead.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have MCE remote too, so I don't really need their remote. The gold version has an extra coaxial for SD cable input actually.

It seems like I have to get 1 Dvico and maybe extra Hauppauge card for SD cable input.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's back using the ATI HDTV Wonder and WatchHDTV.
I never bothered with MCE.

Look at my previous posts in this thread and you'll the on/off saga for CFTO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Soon to be lost WIVB (Channel 4) Buffalo

Hi All,

I've been receiving OTA 23-1 WIVB CBS feed great for about the last month through my MCE via ATI HD card and SquareShooter antena (I'm in north Mississauga near Derry & Winston Chruchill / Toronto).

My major concern is the upcoming September switch that WIVB will be doing with 23-1... replacing their CBS simucast. After trying many alternatives, I can not get 4-1 (frequency 39 in MCE) although the signal registers very strong in MCE. I suspect that this is similar to the CFTO problem that everyone is experiencing (including myself).

Am I wrong??? Is there a solution??? HELP!

81 - 100 of 155 Posts