Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya...

I'm new here and doing a search didn't help me find what I'm looking for all that well, so I signed up and decided to ask my question...

What wireless providers are there that offer pay-as-you-go or prepaid plans that have activity logs in their accounts area (i.e. calls sent/received with timestamps and texts sent/received with timestamps)? Are there any?

I use my phone for both personal and business purposes at the moment and I have to account for time billing on calls and texts... so I am looking for a service that provides this detailed information so that I can track my billable time...

Additionally on the personal side, I am asked from time to time to 'account' for my phone usage... i.e. being accused of talking on the phone when I'm not ... and when I say I wasn't to 'prove it' ... that sort of thing...

I only use very basic features on my plans... I just have standard talk and text features... I do not subscribe to data plans as i currently have no use for them... so I can switch to just about any service for the same costs each month... no biggy...

Thanks for the assistance... :D

Take care...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My daughter has VirginMobile and they don't. As far as text, I can't imagine you would get that type of information from anyone. Fido does not do that on my monthly plan.

If you are using it for business, it might be best to just get a cheap plan and then get your voice calls recorded.

Lots of deals out there these days.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I can get detailed billing, including every text sent and received, on-line from Bell Mobility. It shows the costs of every line item, the amount of data sent/received, or length of call, roaming, etc.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
With a PayGO plan or monthly bill? Do you have unlimited texting?

Funny that the data describing the text is more than the text itself!

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
I have Rogers PAYGo ($10/mo auto-withdrawal) and they have a section called "Call History". In that there are the following column headings:

Date & Time: to the minute
Charge: $ amount
Phone number: if available
Call Description: Incoming call, call to voicemail, voicemail received, etc:
Call Type: Local Call, LD, etc
Usage: ???

shown on the website. I don't send/receive any texts, but I assume they would appear as a line item in the above list - call Rogers to ask if you decide you wish to go with Rogers. They have a couple of different text plans if I recall correctly with different numbers of texts allowed per month.

There is also a separate section for transaction history for top ups, 911 charges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turns out you can get a 'Usage Report' from Virgin Mobile... you just have to email or call customer service... they will send you the last 60 days of usage within 24 to 48 hours in MS excel PDF format... So i'll be staying with them since i love the service... thanks for the assists on this inquiry tho :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Telus Mobility prepaid has everything itemized with charges on the online account page and for the most part it's live. They even give you your top 5 numbers called/texted in the past months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts