Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogers is changing some of their SMS packs for Paygo customers. They are eliminating the $6/125 domestic and $6/40 international packs as of March 27 and adding 4 new packs as of February 27.

There will be 2 new domestic packs:
$5 / 250 messages
$15 / Unlimited

There will also be 2 international SMS packs:
$4 / 25 messages
$10 / 250 messages

Those on the $6 packs will have to switch to another pack by March 27 or will be charged pay per use rates.

Source: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/paygochanges

·
Registered
569 Posts
So are you saying those currently on the $3/10 plan will now have to pony up $5 (66% increase) to buy texting capacity they won't use?

My goal is to withdraw as much business as I can from this company, but the cell phone is going to be hard to find a good alternative.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The $3 and $10 domestic packs are still available, it's the $6 they're eliminating and replacing with $5/250 and adding $15/unlimited.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sweet, a nice 33% increase on a service that's already massively overpriced. Welcome to Robbers...

I'm looking to move away from all services on Red, but don't see options for a prepaid that offers international roaming. My travels don't often make a prepaid SIM worthwhile, so it's nice to have the roaming option, albeit an expensive one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts