Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subscribers to Videotron's illico Digital TV service will be able to watch the Paul McCartney concert LIVE on Indigo from the comfort of their living rooms on Sunday evening, July 20, and on illico on Demand as of the next day.

The concert on the Plains of Abraham is part of Quebec City's 400th birthday celebrations.

The Paul McCartney concert will be broadcast live on Canal Indigo (channel 300) on Sunday, July 20, for $19.95.

The concert will also be available the very next day, Monday, July 21, on illico on Demand (channel 900), for the price of $17.99.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so who is going to pay for getting tons of camera's to the Plains of Abraham, setting them up, paying the production crew, pay for the satellite uplink fee, transmission fees, paying for producers directors etc?

IMO, If you want to see the concert for free, then just go in person.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Even then, I don't think it will be free of charge on site anyway... Lots of money invested for any of the events there. If anyone likes Paul McCartney, this is a sweet deal to watch and listen from the confort of your home. Never mind how much he is charging, simply think how much it would cost to go and see one of his live show. Business is business!

Personnally, I wish/hope I could buy a DVD of the show! Would be great addition in my collection for the HT!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Okay so who is going to pay for getting tons of camera's to the Plains of Abraham, setting them up, paying the production crew, pay for the satellite uplink fee, transmission fees, paying for producers directors etc?

Well, considering Quebecor sucks up 99% of all entertainment dollars in Quebec, I suggest it should be a free broadcast.

But, then again, none of that money goes to DHC.

Life above Eglinton Avenue, we don't exist.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, considering Quebecor sucks up 99% of all entertainment dollars in Quebec, I suggest it should be a free broadcast.
Sure lets make companies give away all their products and lets not pay employees and lets get rid of the capitalist system. Then we can all eat grass and live in communes!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The show is produce with governement money. The Canadians governement gave 4millions to McCartney to come in Quebec. If it is to be broadcasted it should be free on CBC/Radio-Canada, who is a major partners at the 400ieme of Quebec.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
As Hugh previously mentioned, we have to realise that there is also cost for the Broadcasting.
The Canadians governement gave 4millions to McCartney to come in Quebec.
Don't you think the government has already vested enough money? Are you saying the government should invest more taxpayers money without charging people? How about the people that don't care about the show? Do you think it is fair for ALL tax payers to pay the tab for people that are interested? Again, at this price this is a deal for the ones that enjoy such show! Let's just pay the small price with a smile:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am going since I live in Quebec city,
unless its really really too crowded, I might stay aways off and just watch it on one of the many large screens they have up, I guess it wont be on Star Choice or Bell. which kinda sucks, I would love to see it on the tv the next day

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI, It was announced late yesterday that it will be on ExpressVu in French, English and HD. Thread in the BEV forum

·
Registered
363 Posts
well I have SC, and it isnt on their PPV guide yet, english or french.
which kinda really pisses me off, since I would love to tape it to see later,
and my girl wants to stay home and watch on tv, (doesn't like large crowds)
but I guess she will have to go and watch it at my neighbors. (who are lesbians lol)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paul MacCartney

I was at the concert and would love to have a copy . Does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD on sale or if anyone made a copy. It was a great show. memories for a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I was at the concert and would love to have a copy . Does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD on sale or if anyone made a copy. It was a great show. memories for a lifetime.
RandyM, if you have illico and you have the gear (or some friends) I heard on the videotron marketting stating it was still available on video on demand for 17.99$.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts