Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum, as the issue I'm having is occurring on an iPod 5G. I'm hoping someone may be able to replicate it on an iPhone and/or iPad.

Since this iPod is used by a child, I have always had the password restrictions set to Always Require for purchases and in-app purchases from the App Store. Subsequently, it would always prompt for the password when updating apps as well (whether they were free or paid ones) and also when updating any purchases with new content from iBooks.

In iOS 8.3, Apple now gives the option to toggle the password requirement for free apps on and off when making a purchase. However, upon updating to iOS 8.3 (from iOS 8.2), I am no longer prompted to enter the password under any circumstances (free apps, paid apps, updates of any apps or updates of any iBooks) despite having the password restrictions set to Always Require and having the Require Password setting set to On. :eek:

I am not very pleased by this recent development and a call to Apple has still left the issue unresolved despite their troubleshooting. They have been unable to explain why it is occurring and informed me that they had not received any other reports of this issue so far. I'm thinking this may indeed be a bug introduced with this update and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue on their iDevice since updating to iOS 8.3. If so, if you've found a solution or have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate hearing any of them. In the meantime, I've disabled all purchases and in-app purchases on this device until a fix can be found.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Have you tried a full power down / restart of the device affected.

Sometimes this seems to clear weird behavour like this.

Cameron

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I tried this when I first noticed the device wouldn't recognize the password restrictions. However, I also did another full shut down and power up after reading your reply just to be sure, but unfortunately the issue is still occurring.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You could try Reset All Settings under Settings-General-Reset. You will loose settings for wallpaper, Wifi passwords and other customizations/settings that you may have made for accessibility and the like. I had to do this once when my ipad would not forget a search term in the appstore search field. Kind of a sledge hammer approach especially if you have tweeked a lot of settings but it may work as a last resort.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
^^^^ Just be sure to write them all down somewhere first!! :)

Cameron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts