Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don`t understand why it is only availlable in Quebec.I`m sure there is a lot off people who would like to get that deal. It is the perfect package for a familly.Don`t need to pick extra combo and paid more money.I think SD should respect billingual peoples who live outside Quebec and give them that option.

Thanks,

Pico

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Have you tried contacting them and asking for it? If you did, I'm curious what they said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try before and when I called the first time the note said Quebec only was not posted on the add and the next day the correction was made.I have been with SD for over 12 years.I told them billingual people was not just living just in Quebec.The answer was the way the signal as been set up for the packgage work only in Quebec. Hard to beleive!

Thanks for reding me,

Eric

·
Registered
210 Posts
I seem to recall some non Ontario residents getting the Ontario Value Package (officially for Ontario residents only) after talking with CS. Maybe the same will apply here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in New Brunswick and I called when they first came out with it and asked for it. I was surprised when they said I couldn't get it because originally nowhere on the website or brochure did it say 'only in Québec'. (At least now they make it more clear.)

You'd think it would be available in the only officially-bilingual province...

Their packages are very discriminatory against francophones/francophiles outside of Québec as you need a bilingual package to get all the French networks (like Télé-Québec) and your local English-language stations. I had Tout-en-français, which doesn't include CTV Atlantic, even though the Moncton bureau was about three blocks from me--and the only way to add it was to pay about $20 more.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The best thing I can suggest is to call customer service and ask for a transfer to customer relations. If they can't give you the Parfait extra package, they should be able to add some credits to your account to make up for the price difference.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live in Ontario and had the billingual package for many years until I switched to the Ontario Value package.

You should call and find out for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts