Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Paramount+ announced the reimagined global iteration of the hip-hop series Yo! MTV Raps will premiere globally this spring.

Paramount+ announced that a new global edition of MTV's Are You the One? (2014-2019) will premiere exclusively on the service and roll out in all international markets where the service is available. Are You the One - Global Edition (w/t) will begin casting this spring and kick off production later this year.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Paramount+ announced that Clive Davis: Most Iconic Performances, a new four-episode music and interview series from music legend Clive Davis, will premiere exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and in international markets where the service is available, beginning Wednesday, March 23.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
The eight-episode Spanish-language series Cecilia will be available to stream on Thursday, April 14 on Paramount+ in the U.S., the Nordics, Canada and Australia. (Source) It has already been renewed for a second season.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
I just received an email from Paramount+ Canada stating that the complete Star Trek Universe is now available...
I found this quote in another thread. According to JustWatch.com, it looks like P+ has the old series and the movies, but none of the current series (Star Trek: Discovery and forward.) The old series are also available on Netflix. Crave seems to still have exclusive rights to the new series and non-exclusive rights to the old series.

Can anyone with a P+ subscription confirm what's available there, since JustWatch isn't always correct?

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed but many of Paramount's classic shows disappeared last fall. I noticed in the US, Peacock is actually streaming shows like Frasier and Cheers. I know they aired on NBC for their original run but they are Paramount properties. I find it strange that Paramount+ would not want those series for their own service.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed but many of Paramount's classic shows disappeared last fall.
That was posted here last summer. I was able to find out many of those licences expired in July.
I noticed in the US, Peacock is actually streaming shows like Frasier and Cheers. I know they aired on NBC for their original run but they are Paramount properties. I find it strange that Paramount+ would not want those series for their own service.
I spot-checked Frasier on JustWatch and it seems to be available P+, Peacock and Hulu.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Paramount+ announced the third season of The Challenge: All Stars will premiere on Wednesday, May 11 with back-to-back episodes. Internationally, The Challenge: All Stars season three will premiere later this year on Paramount+ in all markets where the service is available.

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
I received an email for 50% off the Paramount+ annual subscription until June 30. That's $29.99 for the year. Don't know if this offer is generally available. Even at that price, the programming selection is too weak to make me want to subscribe.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That’s interesting, ExDilbert, that they actually had your email address, so that you received that offer, unless you had written them about something else earlier, hence allowing them to have your email address on file.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I received an email for 50% off the Paramount+ annual subscription until June 30. That's $29.99 for the year. Don't know if this offer is generally available. Even at that price, the programming selection too weak to make me want to subscribe.
I just received an email offering free trial for Paramount+ from Amazon Prime.
Did not get the 50% off offer.
5.99$ a month.

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
I subscribed last year when it was $.99/mo for 3 months through Prime. It was worth it for 1887. I tried watching some of the prime time CBS stuff but it was delayed by a week or more after it aired in Canada and was available through Stack TV. The video and sound quality was much better on Paramount+ and there were no commercials but the delays were too long. Some of the series finales were delayed 3 weeks or more.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a feeling that this offer is only available to current, or past subscribers, and only for those who have subscribed directly through the Paramount+ website, and is a way of encouraging them to stay on for a longer term. It makes sense that this wouldn’t be offered through the Amazon Prime channels option, since Amazon Prime channels has no yearly subscription option for any of their channels, only monthly.

261 - 280 of 284 Posts