Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Administrator
525 Posts
A lot of folks just do a month or two of one streaming service and binge everything that's completed then move on to the next service for a month or two. Rinse & repeat for years never overlapping and only having one at a time but watching everything.

·
Super Moderator
19,080 Posts
ViacomCBS has developed a two-part special, ET Presents: Yellowstone Aftershow, streaming on Paramount+ on Sunday, Dec. 19 at 9 PM ET/PT and Sunday, Dec. 26. The show is branded as an Entertainment Tonight special, since ViacomCBS sold the U.S. streaming rights for Yellowstone to NBCUniversal's Peacock. The Deadline article doesn't mention if the special will be available outside the U.S.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A lot of folks just do a month or two of one streaming service and binge everything that's completed then move on to the next service for a month or two. Rinse & repeat for years never overlapping and only having one at a time but watching everything.
If you are directing this comment at me (and I suspect you are) , I have come to the conclusion that I am just not a normal viewer. I rarely binge more than 2 episodes of anything at a time, and I like to watch a lot of different shows at once, as well as several basketball games in a week. I am hoping to become more disciplined, so I can try rotating services, as you suggest, but likely not anytime in the next couple of months. Thanks for the suggestion, it makes perfect sense, unlike my viewing habits. .

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Alright, so I got a promotion of 3 months free Paramount+ subscription that I had to redeem before the end of the year. So I subscribed yesterday. As I mentioned elsewhere, I was looking for Evil S2 and SEAL Team S5 beyond E4. Surprise, surprise, they were not there. Alright, I guess they were available on Paramount+ USA. I then used my proxy to USA and tried to login. To my surprise, I could not login using my credentials. It turned out that Canadian credentials are not accepted for login in the USA. I had to create a separate account, albeit it could be with the same ID and password, or not.

Contrast that with Netflix or Prime Video where we can use one sign in to access the service anywhere in the world it is available. Using the same way on Netflix, I am able to access US or UK or German show library which is different with Canadian one.

In conclusion, totally disappointed with Paramount+. I cancelled the service, and now just wait for the free 3 months to expire in March.

·
Super Moderator
19,080 Posts
Paramount Network has been airing the first 3 episodes of 1883, in addition to streaming on P+. After that, the series will be exclusive to Paramount+.

----

Paramount+ will retain exclusive English streaming rights in Canada to PAW Patrol: The Movie. However, they did license the rights of the French version to Crave.

----

SEAL Team S5 may be available in Canada as soon as the end of February, based on the season ending January 23 and Corus having streaming/on-demand rights to the episodes about 3 or 4 weeks after they aired.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Does Paramount+ here in Canada have Australian Survivor? I've been searching for it but all I can see are seasons 30 and up of US Survivor.

·
Super Moderator
19,080 Posts
Paramount+ announced that the documentary film about the making of the Country Album THE MARFA TAPES will premiere exclusively on the service Thursday, Jan. 20 including the Nordics, Australia, Latin America, and Canada.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
It looks like 1883 is returning on Jan 9. It seems odd that they would air an episode on Dec 26 but not Jan 2. Maybe that's their way of stretching the series out to get more money from subscribers. It might work but I'm probably cancelling either before or when 1883 is done. We get Paramount Network but prefer watching it on Paramount+.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It looks like 1883 is returning on Jan 9. It seems odd that they would air an episode on Dec 26 but not Jan 2. Maybe that's their way of stretching the series out to get more money from subscribers. It might work but I'm probably cancelling either before or when 1883 is done. We get Paramount Network but prefer watching it on Paramount+.
Does Paramount+ have commercials?

·
Super Moderator
19,080 Posts
P+ released a behind the scenes special on the making of 1883 titled The Road West on Jan. 2. There's no indication future episodes of 1883 will air on Paramount Network. It was meant to be a P+ exclusive with a teaser on the network to get people interested enough to subscribe to P+.

221 - 240 of 251 Posts