Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Anybody subscribes to Paramount+ Canada? I am wondering if Evil is carried here. In the United States the series was moved from CBS to Paramount+ and the second season premiered last Sunday. In Canada, the first season was on Global but there is no indication that Global / Corus, or anybody else for that matter, will carry the second season.

So my question is whether the second season of Evil is available on Paramount+ in Canada.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Evil is on Paramount+ though episodes from the 2nd season aren't available yet. That likely means a legacy broadcaster has first run rights in Canada and thus season 2 likely wont show up until after the current season has ended.
Interesting. It means that somebody in Canada holds the rights for season 2 and just sits on it. It could be for Fall release.

Speaking of Paramount+ Canada, I think that service is rather useless unless one wants to watch reruns. Virtually all of its original programming are carried in Canada by somebody else.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
IMO, CBS can do that in the United States as Paramount+ there is actually a decent service. Star Trek, The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone, Why Women Kill, are examples of decent Paramount+ original shows. The problem here in Canada is that most of Paramount+ headliners are already aired by various channels. That makes Paramount+ in Canada virtually empty and filled mostly by reruns. There is very little value for Canadian viewers to subscribe to Paramount+.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
@hercules130 I had it until August when they axed about 80% of the content. It's basically CBS shows that are on the air or recently left plus the shows specifically created for the streaming service. Not worth the money now.
So I believe SEAL Team and iCarly are the only scripted shows on Paramount+ in Canada not available elsewhere? I am still looking for season 2 of Evil. It seems like it is nowhere to be found. I just got this free subscription from McDonald's, I guess I can use it to finish this season of SEAL Team and maybe I can use VPN to watch Evil. After that, I am done with those shows.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think ViacomCBS is withholding SEAL Team from international distribution. Global aired the first 4 episodes and has been simsubbing the CBS schedule for the timeslot ever since - mostly filler and reruns. I think they would air SEAL Team if they could get it.
This is another SNAFU like Evil, I think. It is neither here nor there. Paramount+ does not carry it in Canada and Global as the original right holder does not either. I have 3 months free subscription, what do I do with it?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Alright, so I got a promotion of 3 months free Paramount+ subscription that I had to redeem before the end of the year. So I subscribed yesterday. As I mentioned elsewhere, I was looking for Evil S2 and SEAL Team S5 beyond E4. Surprise, surprise, they were not there. Alright, I guess they were available on Paramount+ USA. I then used my proxy to USA and tried to login. To my surprise, I could not login using my credentials. It turned out that Canadian credentials are not accepted for login in the USA. I had to create a separate account, albeit it could be with the same ID and password, or not.

Contrast that with Netflix or Prime Video where we can use one sign in to access the service anywhere in the world it is available. Using the same way on Netflix, I am able to access US or UK or German show library which is different with Canadian one.

In conclusion, totally disappointed with Paramount+. I cancelled the service, and now just wait for the free 3 months to expire in March.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I find it interesting that Paramount+ shows which rights in Canada are owned by Rogers or Corus, e.g. The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone, Interrogation, Evil, SEAL Team, Five Bedrooms Why Women Kill are available on Paramount+ in Canada, while shows which rights in Canada are owned by Bell are not available, e.g. Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
For some reason I wrote Five Bedrooms when what I meant was Why Women Kill.

I did not draw any conclusion, I just found that fact interesting. In addition, several of current CBS shows carried by Global are available: NCIS franchise, FBI franchise, CSI: Vegas, Survivor, Good Sam etc., while none of current CBS shows on CTV/CTV2 is available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts