Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've seen lots of posts refer to people having specific versions of their Paradigm speakers. This may sound like a dumb question, but how exactly are you determining the version?

I've had my Paradigms for about ten years, which consist of the following:
Monitor 7s (fronts)
CC-350 (center)
Mini-Monitors (surrounds)
PS-1000 (sub)

They were all bought new in the summer-to-fall 2000 timeframe. I'm contemplating reusing most of that (except the mini-monitors) in my new home theatre which will start construction shortly, at least for the short term. (I may upgrade later as money allows).

How do I identify which versions I have?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Inzane said:
How do I identify which versions I have?
Paradigm speakers usually have a sticker on the back, near the terminals, that tell you the model and version #.

Monitor 7s (fronts)
CC-350 (center)
Mini-Monitors (surrounds)
PS-1000 (sub)
Monitor 7 and Mini Monitor v3/v4 speakers had bullet-shaped dust-caps (made to look like phase plugs), while earlier versions had convex discs.

The CC-350, the precursor to the CC-370, had convex discs only, but I don't know how to distinguish between version of the -350. No clue about the PS-1000 versions. Sorry!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had looked behind the speakers recently and saw a sticker that had the model listed, but I don't recall seeing a version #. I'll have to check again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2nd question regarding my Paradigms.

I'm planning on reusing my existing Monitor 7s, CC-350 and my PS-1000 in my new home theater room.

I'd like to get some on-wall dipoles for my left and right surrounds. Will their current Monitor-series ADP-390s be a reasonable enough match to my existing 10+ year old Paradigms?

If not, then is there something else you would suggest?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Will their current Monitor-series ADP-390s be a reasonable enough match to my existing 10+ year old Paradigms?
I say 'yes', and I say this because:
1. "Timbre-matching" your surrounds to your front three speakers isn't as important as matching to your mains with your center.
2. I've helped set up two systems - one has Monitor 7 v1s w/ a CC-350, the other has Monitor 7 v4s w/ a CC-370 v4 - using ADP-390s. Not only do they integrate well and sound good, but both guys are very happy with the results.

... is there something else you would suggest?
My ADP-370 v3s should be going up for sale in the next couple of weeks, as soon as I take delivery of my ADP-590s... ;) :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Paradigm also crossed their V2 monitor series (mini, CC350, etc) at 1800 hz, but as they were running their tweeters a bit too low, they switched to a revised crossover in the V3's that crossed at 2100 hz.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm planning on reusing my existing Monitor 7s, CC-350 and my PS-1000 in my new home theater room.

I'd like to get some on-wall dipoles for my left and right surrounds. Will their current Monitor-series ADP-390s be a reasonable enough match to my existing 10+ year old Paradigms?
I say 'yes', and I say this because:

2. I've helped set up two systems - one has Monitor 7 v1s w/ a CC-350, the other has Monitor 7 v4s w/ a CC-370 v4 - using ADP-390s. Not only do they integrate well and sound good, but both guys are very happy with the results.
I have to bump this thread again, because... I just learned that Paradigm has discontinued the ADP-390, and now sell a Surround 1 and a Surround 3 as new models, both compatible with the Monitor series.

I 'think' I can assume the new Surround 3 is analogous to the ADP-390. Doesn't anyone have more indepth info on these new models?

I hadn't bought my new surround speakers yet but was mere weeks away from doing so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my local dealer was able to order a set of ADP-390s for me. I guess its part of some final clearance stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts