Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pandora, a popular personalized Internet radio service, today announced the release of its Pandora application for Windows Mobile users with the Verizon HTC XV6900, the Sprint MotoQ9c and the Sprint HTC Touch

The company says the application will feature the same functionality as the online version of Pandora, such as creating new stations, bookmarking songs, and rating songs with thumbs up or thumbs down.

Download here

Can someone tell me why this would not be available to Canadian Window Mobile users?

·
Registered
385 Posts
None of the Pandora service is available in Canada, due to music licensing rules. I used to use Pandora and like it very much, but can do so no longer.

In the U.S., an agreement was worked out between music rights clearing organizations and the major on-line music streamers such as Pandora. It covers use of and payment for the music (royalties, etc.) No such agreement exists in Canada, and the U.S. agreement covers only U.S. use so Pandora and others were forced to discontinue service to Canadian subscribers.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so its not the wireless providers keeping them out. Thanks Alan.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would assume that the wireless access restriction against Canada is simply part of the broader restriction against Canada. I wish I could still use Pandora's streaming service, as it was one of my favourites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts