Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to get my TV this upcoming Friday. I've seen that Youtube offers 3D side by side videos to stream. Using the VT series TV, can it play them in 3D or not?

When I try to see it on my computer, it becomes the red/cyan type, not SBS.

Also, does this TV up-convert, so to speak, 2D to 3D? I saw a flyer on the net from Panasonic claiming to be able to do so. I know it would be like watching Piranha 3D on TV with cheesy results but I might like it, nonetheless.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, but...

You will need to use another source other than the TV. You can use the Blu-ray player that comes with the TV. The TV itself cannot switch to 3D using it's own VieraCast widgets. I've also successfully streamed 3D from my computer to my TV through my DivX Connected box but haven't tried its YouTube client for 3D yet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The G series will upconvert to 3D but not the VT's. I heard a rumour out of CES Las Vegas that the VT25 replacement, the VT30 will upconvert...

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I bought mine too early....

On the same note, I searched for 2D to 3D convertor and using Virtualdub and a script, it actually does some conversion. Depending on the movie I feed it through the conversion script, it comes out as a certain depth. I know it's not Hollywood Studio capability but using a clip I had filmed about my dad 20 plus years ago, it was funny to see some 3D effect with it.

It is a bummer that the VT doesn't upconvert because in Europe, it does. That is where I had found the flyer saying about it but couldn't find anything on this side of the pond.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question: Using the Youtube on PANASONIC enabled TV or Blu-Ray players, is there a way to get the highest resolution instead of the streaming 480p?

I know a certain video is Full HD but it doesn't come in that resolution unless I change it at the bottom of the video on my PC.

I just streamed a few 3D videos on YT and they were full of low res artifacts.
I had downloaded a 3D from YT and made it into an AVCHD disc and the resolution was very nice on my VT20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts