Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....

I have a Panasonic Strada CNGP50 GPS system that is about 3 years old by now.

I would like to update the maps for North America. It runs off of an SD Card. The only maps I have found for this GPS is through Panasoninc themselves. they refer you to a second company, PanaPacific. On their website (US of course) they sell the update for $79.99US. It is Part #t1000-us0208. Seems too pricey for me!!

Can anyone let me know what "type" of maps this GPS system uses and if it is possible to get them elswhere?

I see that there are updates for TomTom and Garmin all over the place for around the $20-$30 mark.

Pondering the purchase of a new Garmin System (maybe with lifetime updates), but I really like the graphics and style of the Strada

What to do!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I used to have the same GPS unit you have. I got rid of it about a year ago because I was having problems with the software on the unit. It would freeze and reset itself. I contacted Panasonic but they told me I had to take it to a repair centre and I didn't want to be hassled or pay a crazy price for the unit. Not to mention, as you stated, it is hard and expensive to get updated maps. I purchased a new Garmin and I LOVE it. It is very easy to use, I have lifetime map updates and I have lifetime traffic updates. I would recommend a Garmin if you do purchase another unit. Good-luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts