Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I plan on pulling the trigger on one of the following tv's. All Panasonic but different size. 50 inch S2, 46 G25 or 54 S14.

Now my question. Should I sacrifice size for Quality?

I heard good things about the G25 but is it leaps and bounds better than the S2? Also, the S14 seems like a great deal for 1300$ but not sure about the quality since its an older model. Any help would be great or feedback from those who have these tv's.

Also, im mostly going to be using it for video games (PS3, Xbox 360), sports etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go for the G25, I just bought a the 50G20 which is the same set except for some type of interface to Panasonic cameras. Through my research and from comparisons the G20/G25 has a much better picture and internet connectivity. The S14 is just a black Friday model of the S1.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The G-series "Infinite Black" feature is not just for product literature. The black level is much darker than the S-series and can easily be seen side by side (I've done it calibrated). Watch any night scene and you will see the lighter glow of the S-series.

The S-series also has a wider colour gamut that is incorrect to HDTV colour. Green is noticably the worse...making grass look very strong, bright, and neon. The G-series, in THX mode only, will have accurate colour after calibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts