Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this and would like to know what the requirements of playing video files off of a USB drive.. do they have to be on the root drive? where do i access the files? etc...

anyone?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you sure it plays Video files?

If it does, it would only play AVCHD files which would likely show up when you inserted the card.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just picked up this same model this weekend. It's a great TV!

It can play AVCHD and MPEG2 video files, JPEG image files and MP3 audio files (p.58 in the manual)

You can access your USB drive or SD card by pressing the "VIERA Tools" button on the remote and then selecting "VIERA Image Viewer" (p.21 to p.27).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks David! Hugh too.

David, Do the files have to be in the root directory or can they be in folders? I can't seem to find any of my video files on my portable drive...

I'd love to have an external NAS drive with USB access or something so that I can download stuff off my computer and access it from the TV...

How are you handling this?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I haven't had the chance to play with the feature yet, I'm just going on what the manual says and a quick browse through the menus. I have an HTPC hooked up to mine which I store all my media on, so it's not really a big feature for me.

But I'll play with it tomorrow and get back to you!

Edit: I think to view videos you have to open "Media Player" instead of "VIERA Image Viewer".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts