Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TV doesn't have either of these and I was hoping that i'd be able to access my movies on a network drive...

the only internet app my TV seems to be missing is Netflix. Anyone else? Also if theres no way for me to access my network drive / movies can someone suggest a DVD player that allows this? Maybe a NAS drive with USB access so i can plug it into the TVs USB?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't believe Panasonic has activated netflix in Canada yet. There are ways around it using VPN's or dns trickery but thats another story.

As for getting access to your network content, your best bet would be something like a Boxee box which will give you both Netflix and access to your own content.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I don't believe Panasonic has activated netflix in Canada yet.
They have not.

New Panasonic Blu-ray players plus a raft of other devices (Apple TV 2, Wii, PS3, XBOX 360, Boxee and so on) have Netflix access though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... weird so because I choose canada it wont display netflix wtf...

about Boxee..! supergenius that looks awesome! what formats does it support? does it actually play the movies too? also is there anyway for it to access my iTunes library? i'd love to play my iTunes on my tv with album art etc... like a jukebox

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If you want Netflix and iTunes connectivity then I would recommend an Apple TV. It gives you both and is a lot cheaper than a standalone Boxee Box. Or buy a small nettop computer and add iTunes and Boxee Box to it and you have both.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yep, agree with Hugh on AppleTv 2. If your media is in itunes this is the way to go. Boxee box will stream more formats including mkv, divx, plus many more. I personally use an appletv and wdtv live combo because boxee took awhile to get netflix working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts