Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HP today announced HP webOS 2.0. The first device to run webOS 2.0, HP’s new Palm Pre 2 smartphone, will be available Friday in France from SFR and is scheduled to be available in the coming months in the United States from Verizon Wireless and in Canada.

Pre 2 is the first Palm phone with a gigahertz processor and features a 5-megapixel camera, a glass screen and a sleeker, streamlined design that still gives users the ideal combination of a vivid touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard.

More information about Palm Pre 2, including features and specifications, is available at www.palm.com/Pre2.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I would be quite surprised if it was a CDMA handset, though given that Verizon is getting it in the States, it is entirely possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked at the tech specs on Palm's site and it lists a UMTS device in the battery life section. So if it does come to Canada it could be on any carrier but I doubt Bell would carry it since Pre1 flopped.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Hard to say. Just because one handset flops doesn't mean Bell won't carry its successor. Even then I don't know just how bad or how good it did overall, so it would be hard to say.

At the very least, I think the best thing HP could do is to make it available on all three main carriers rather than just one.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Due to their current "Best Network" marketing campaign, I'd say they'd bring it out in HSPA+ only...it would be awkward to bring out a hot new handset that doesn't work on the network they are heavily promoting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts