Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the NFL package and upgraded my old Motorola PVRs to Pace Summit's with 1TB Expanders. I'll check to see if my Summits received the firmware upgrade tonight when I get home.

However, after setting up the boxes, I noticed that the guide seems stretched across the whole screen and the typeface is fairly blocky. With my old Motorola, I set it to the setting "Stretch" in the settings page, where it would not switch resolutions between SD and HD channels and it would display the guide in 4:3, where, in my opinion, the guide looked a lot nicer. The stretched guide looks pretty crappy.

I was just wondering if there was a way to set my Summit box to a similar setting.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I said above, you can't change the stretched guide on the Pace - I know, I had one (although in all honesty I didn't try to change it). If you don't like that, and it's not too late, you should return the Pace in favour of the DCX3400 since it's a way better box anyway.
How should I go about returning the Pace for the DCX3400 and keeping the expander, which would be ideal because then I would have 1.5TB of storage. But wouldn't I need a good reason? "Ugh, I don't like the stretched guide" probably doesn't cut it.

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.