Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
UPDATE

Well it's been two days since I've been playing with my new toy and I didn't find any major problems. The only problem I encountered was a minor one, it was about creating multiple recordings for a show, but the reason behind this error was propably the fact that the EPG was not fully downloaded. I can now record all my favorite shows without having to do it manually.

So far so good, It is a flawless transition and a very nice light, quiet and great looking receiver!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where are people finding these units? I tried Oakville Place and they said that only a couple had been delivered to them and they were gone. Wouldn't even go in the back room to see if there were any more.

Suggested I come back in a month, by which time they should have had time to box a sufficient number of these units.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry. I was asking about the Pace RNG200N HD PVR. The Cogeco outlet at Oakville Place was less than helpful in letting me know when I could get hold of one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry. I was asking about the Pace RNG200N HD PVR. The Cogeco outlet at Oakville Place was less than helpful in letting me know when I could get hold of one.
Limeridge mall. When I got mine on Wed they had just brought in a full skid of them.

I suspect mine was already opened or something because my remote had the batteries in it and the plastic on the front was a little askew.

So far not a problem although as a test I recorded a hockey game and it was in 4 pieces 2 of which were listed as 1 min but nothing there. Going to do another one to see what happens. Still using the old unit until we watch recorded stuff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just noticed the following problem with my unit.

Say I am in channel 730 and I enter the channel number ie: 701 it doesn't change. I notice it displace 70 then reverts back to the time as if that isn't a valid channel.
Then if I go into the guide and scroll to say 731 and "select" it goes to 701

It isn't the remote that is a problem as it does the same with either of the remotes we have.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Definitely haven't had that issue here.

@wally434: When I went, the rep said they had plenty of RNGs, but that was a few weeks ago. Try Burlington Mall, they've had some in stock too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just noticed the following problem with my unit.

Say I am in channel 730 and I enter the channel number ie: 701 it doesn't change. I notice it displace 70 then reverts back to the time as if that isn't a valid channel.
Then if I go into the guide and scroll to say 731 and "select" it goes to 701

It isn't the remote that is a problem as it does the same with either of the remotes we have.
I noticed in the guide set up menu when looking for a solution that autotune was set to "no" changed it and it now seems to be working.

·
Registered
34 Posts
RNG200n

Picked up the last RNG200n they had at Oakville Place yesterday.
I had it all set up and running, no problem, then I went into the settings menu.
Power off and hit settings. No need to change anything. Hit power to exit and then I couldn't get the thing to turn back on. I could get back into settings, but nothing I tried would get the power back on. I ended up unplugging it, which allowed me to turn the power on. Lost my settings.
What's the deal with that?
Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
buy / rent

Are you guys buying or renting these units? I rent a Motorola 6416, and stopped by the Windsor Cogeco store in Devonshire mall... and the rep told me they aren't swapping the units for people with the old Moto's... She said they like to try to hold the new units for buyers rather than renters.

NOw, from my standpoint as a subscriber, I want the latest and greatest available. Thats the whole point of me renting, so I don't have to deal with defective units, and so I can have the latest and greatest! This just infuriated me. Anyone have any ideas? Do I start calling to complain about my unit in hopes they will replace it with a new model...

Also, for anyone renting this new RNG200N, is it the same rental price as the older Motos? $17.99 / month I believe...

Anyone know what they are selling them for?

·
Registered
438 Posts
The rental cost is the same as the motos.

You are renting the unit, you are paying for it every month, as you said, you have every right to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Don't take their $#*!. They tried the same BS when they released the Pace 777D. Don't leave the store without the RNG200N.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Problem Free?

So, it's been a few weeks since this post was started and there really haven't been any complaints about this new STB. Does this mean there are no bugs or just not nearly as many serious issues as with the 777D?

I'd like get this new sleek looking unit even though my 6416 still works fine; any reason not to?

Cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
RNG200N Problems

I have had the rng200n since Monday and have run into a few problems with recordings. Last night I recorded a 1 hour show. It shows that it has recorded properly, but when I get to 22 minutes it stops and says it's over at 22 minutes.
I have also program recorded two shows that have no video, just a black screen with sound.
Strange.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I did not do a search today but a few weeks ago someone posted that the new RNG200N's were also giving the "hard drive full" message when they were turned off overnight then back on. I still have the 777D left on all the time without any "blue screen of death" but the hard drive still is a noisy POS churning away in our bedroom. I would prefer to turn it off at night. Anyone turn the 200N off at night without full hard drive notice next cold boot?

41 - 60 of 652 Posts