Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have searched this forum for similar issues but can't seem to find any. Here is my problem. I have a Pace TDC776D. I would say that 75% of the time everything works fine. However the other 25% of the time the box doesn't work well at all, it almost becomes unusable.
It responds very slowly to remote commands (ex. I push "guide" and it takes 10 seconds to appear). When I try to play recorded programs, it will often skip and have audio and video problems. This will happen for a day or so (sometimes just for an hour or so), then all of a sudden it will return to normal operation where everything works fine.

I have tried new batteries, even a new remote, but nothing seems to work. I have the IR extender plugged in and set up in my bedroom to control the PVR while in bed (I have a coxial running into my bedroom, to an old 13" TV). As far as I can remember, this issue was ongoing before I added the coxial.

Another issue, that may be related or not is that the buttons on the front panel are also slow to respond. I have tried to access the PVR set up menu by pushing Power followed quickly by menu, but that doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
PVR is like computer which can handle so much command at a time.

The microprocessor on the Motorola or Pace HD PVR is under power. It takes a few seconds to change a channel. If you hit another/same button before the PVR has a chance to finish the command, it will queue up the second command. At the mean time, it stop processing the first command to accept the second command - ie put the second command in the command queue to be processed. If you continue to press more buttons, it will continue to accept commands and not doing it was supposed to do - i.e. changing channel.

Sometime, it is so confused and you need to restart your PVR similar to your PC in order to correct the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
same issue

We are suddenly having the same issue except the remote/box connection is even less responsive... we think its the box cause we've tried three shaw remotes all with the same result... Any ideas??
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top