Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
56,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Outlook for Mac 2011 just fine for a long time on my Mac Mini computer. Today when I go to use Outlook it gives me an "Error Code 150" if I try to send an e-mail, or if I start Outlook (and there's an e-mail in the outbox). I'm still able to receive e-mails on my computer. I've encountered the issue on all 4 of our e-mail accounts (I have 3 and my wife (different user on the computer, has one).

I can go to Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo) and everything works fine there. I can use mail on my iPad and it works fine there.

Looks like something has gone amiss in Outlook. I did a search online and found a few articles recommending to delete the account and then re-create the account, but I'm worried if I do that, that I'll lose all e-mails and calendar information, etc.

I've run Disk First aid and rebooted the computer several times. I didn't make any changes, the issue started out of nowhere as far as I can tell.

One other recommendation was to uninstall Outlook and re-install. I have not done that yet either - worries about losing information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Maybe Rogers changed some settings or has enforced a change that they didn’t enforce before. Google the Rogers SMTP settings and compare to what you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Here is a link on Rogers site.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/update-email-settings

I have a similar problem. In in my case it is with Mac Mail. There is a setting that does not stick. It says that it cannot send the email and if I want to select another SMTP server. I do edit SMTP server list. Change a setting to "Password" authentication. Close the window and choose "Try with selected server" and off it goes.

I wanted to write a more detailed procedure but when I sent a email right now, it sent it. 😳

I am with Rogers also. Since it works sometimes, I thought it was a "Rogers" problem but I never bothered to contact them since I found a workaround.

Hope this helps

Bob
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
56,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More and more people were having issues and as the numbers increased, Rogers realized that the problem was theirs (Rogers/Yahoo). It has been fixed, but I don't know what the solution was at their end. They must have made some sort of change in the port or other item affecting sent e-mails only and only from e-mail clients like Outlook.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Although I can't confirm, but I think it might have something to do with TLS 1.2 support in Outlook 2011. Given that the application came out more than 8 years ago, it doesn't have support for that protocol. Meanwhile, the industry has begun removing support for older versions of TLS, because they've become insecure as they aged.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
56,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem has returned. The issue is now with receiving instead of sending. Sending e-mails works fine, as does Webmail.

Several others have reported the receiving issue on Rogers' forum as well as AT&T customers in the US on Yahoo.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top