Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing any outages in the Toronto area, especially Yonge/Eglinton?

We had an outage lasting several hours yesterday. Called Rogers and they confirmed work was being done in the area. Out for a walk, I saw several Rogers trucks and guys working under the street, which continued past 1 a.m.

This afternoon, cable was on for a few minutes and then disappeared again. Called Rogers and this time they had no indication work was being done in the area.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called back a while after the first message and even before speaking to anyone a recorded message came on with "we're experiencing a major outage in your area affecting internet, cable and home phone." Spoke to a tech who said the message had just appeared on their system. It came back up shortly after.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I live at Yonge/Davisville and Internet was very very slow last night, pages took forever to load... this morning it returned to normal. TV service was fine.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I wondering if the issues are continuing. I having very unreliable internet service lately. Started Thursday and it seems that in the overnight hours it terrible and it gets better thoughout the day and pretty much perfect in the evening.

For example, during my ping tests, here's what I had early this morning (around 5am Eastern)

Then a bit later in the morning:

and now:

It's giving me serious issues with my VOIP (even with QOS and nothing else downloading) and with my streaming radio which constantly rebuffers or reconnect...

I guess I should call Rogers if it continues..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts